“Our customers new to the vinyl experience have been asking for a simplified electronic turntable in their listening experience and we are excited to bring the Automat A1 to them,” stated Dick Tuerlings – Managing Director of the Audio Division at Gentec International. “It is the perfect combination of electrical engineering and the lasting quality Pro-Ject turntables have been known for over the past 30 years.
When the user presses start, the full mechanical automatics engage, and the tonearm moves automatically into the lead in groove of the record. The A1 features a built-in phono preamp which makes it incredibly versatile, allowing direct connection to either an amplifier or active speaker set. In typical Pro-Ject fashion, the motor is electronically controlled to maintain the highest level of stability and accuracy. With the push of a button, listeners can switch between 33 and 45 RPM.
The A1 features an 8.3” ultra-light-mass aluminum tonearm. Together with the Ortofon OM10, which fits this design principle perfectly, listeners get extraordinary fast response and detail in terms of transients and micro dynamics.
The Pro-Ject Automat A1 is expected to begin shipping in Spring 2022 and will have a suggested retail price of $549.99 in Canada. For more information about Pro-Ject Audio Systems in Canada, please contact Fernando Januario – Product Manager – Audio Division by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Key Features
- Factory-installed and aligned Ortofon OM10 cartridge
- Built-in, switchable phono preamp
- 8.3” aluminum low-mass tonearm
- Precise mechanics with automated start and stop
- Aluminum platter with damping ring
- Carbon fiber reinforced non-magnetic headshell
- Resonance damped wooden chassis
- New feet with silicon damping
- Electronically controlled playback speeds
- Premium semi-symmetrical Connect it E phono cable
- Gold plated RCA cable connectors
- Dust cover included
- Handmade in Germany