SIGMA Canada is pleased to announce the development of a new 28mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art lens. The 28mm angle of view used to be a representative wide-angle in the era of film cameras, and attracts many fans even today. To accommodate the request from many photographers who expressed the strong interest in using the familiar 28mm with Art line quality, SIGMA produces the SIGMA 28mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art, based on the know-how gained through development of the Art F1.4 prime lens lineup released so far. This newest traditional wide-angle lens, advantaged by the latest design and materials, as well as the processing technologies, is now available from SIGMA’s Art line.
Pricing and availability of the new SIGMA 28mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art has not yet been announced. The lens will be available in SIGMA, Nikon, Canon and Sony E-mounts. For further details, please contact Max Payne, Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy, at 905-513-7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This lens incorporates two FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements. In addition, it effectively arranges three aspherical lenses, including a large-diameter aspherical lens to provide thorough correction of magnification chromatic aberration —encountered particularly in wide-angle lenses. This offers high resolution over the entire sensor, while sagittal coma flare is thoroughly corrected and distortion is also minimized to the fullest. Excellent performance is delivered in street photography, as well as shooting landscapes and night skies.
Designed to meet all shooting conditions
The water- and oil-repellent coating on the front lens element, together with the dust- and splash-proof structure, ensures excellent performance even in the most challenging shooting conditions. The high-speed AF, thanks to the HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) with an updated algorithm, captures instantaneous photography movement.
SIGMA’s industry-leading wide-angle collection
With the launch of this lens, the lineup of large-diameter wide-angle prime lenses compatible with 35mm full-frame has expanded to five, ranging from 14mm to 35mm. All lenses except for 14mm have an F1.4 brightness (F1.8 for 14mm), enabling photographers to choose the angle of view that best suits them, process attractive bokeh in the background, and capture their imagination.
- Hood with lock
- Compatible with Canon Lens Aberration Correction
- *Function not available on all Canon cameras. Further, available corrections may vary by Canon camera model.
- Nikon electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism included
- Manual Override (MO) capable of switching two full-time manual modes
- *By setting it to the MO position, it switches to manual focus by rotating the focus ring even during continuous AF.
- Using the optional SIGMA USB DOCK, it is possible to adjust the MO position’s sensitivity to switch to manual focus.
- Compatible with SIGMA MOUNT CONVERTER MC-11
- Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK
- *Not available for Sony E-mount lens
- Available Mount Conversion Service
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with SIGMA’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
- “Made in Japan” craftsmanship
[Specifications] All figures calculated for SIGMA
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups | Angle of view (35mm): 75.4°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm) | Minimum aperture: F16
- Minimum focusing distance: 28cm / 11in.
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:5.4 | Filter size: ø 77mm
- Dimensions (diameter x length): ø82.8mm x 107.7mm / ø3.3in. x 4.2in. | Weight: TBD
- Accessories: Case, Petal Type Hood with lock (LH828-01)
- Available AF mounts: SIGMA, Nikon, Canon, Sony E-mount
Note: Appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
For a PDF version of the press release: Download Here
About Sigma Corporation
Since 1961, Sigma has worked toward its goal of developing photographic technologies that push the envelope, empower photographers, and produce unparalleled imagery. Sigma has honoured this commitment by maintaining control of its design, research and development, and manufacturing processes in its Aizu factory. The family-owned company is the largest independent SLR lens manufacturer in the world, producing more than 45 lenses that are compatible with cameras from most leading manufacturers. The company is headquartered in Japan, with offices strategically located throughout Europe, Asia, and North America. For more information, visit
www.SigmaCanada.ca, on Facebook: fb.com/SigmaCanada, on Instagram: @SigmaCanada.
About Gentec International
Founded in 1990, Gentec International is Canada’s leading consumer accessory products company, recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, supplying a complete range of photo, video, digital, sport optics, home theatre, electronics, wireless, and mobile audio products to the Canadian retail marketplace. Gentec offers a variety of prominent brands, including Optex, Sigma, SanDisk, Manfrotto, Gitzo, National Geographic, Avenger, Roots, Gary Fong, Black Rapid, iQ, Sunpak, Energizer, Bushnell, and Zeiss. Gentec operates out of a high-cube, state-of-the-art, fully computerized 100,000-square-foot warehouse and distribution centre that offers efficient, seamless service to our customers. With over 90 employees, Gentec covers the needs of its retailers coast to coast using the latest technology systems, streamlined efficiencies, and customer service that is second to none.
Learn more – visit www.gentec-intl.com