Gentec International is a recognized leader in the Consumer Electronics market place and was most recently named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We have been in business since 1990 sourcing and distributing numerous accessory brands in addition to developing strong aftermarket brands of our own. Our client list includes major CE Retailers, Mass Merchants and independent Retailers across Canada.
We offer competitive compensation, an on-site gym, comprehensive Health benefits, a RRSP package and a friendly and supportive “Gentec family” atmosphere where your contributions are recognised and awarded.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
This position is responsible for various warehouse functions which could include, but are not limited to, picking orders, completing production requests, cycle counting, replenishment, shipping, receiving and returns. The position works closely with internal and external personnel, both face to face and through e-mail and phone conversations. This person will also utilize WMS computer software and hardware in the role.
- Complete tasks assigned by the Warehouse Manager or designate as required such as but not limited to: receiving functions; order picking functions; staging of orders; shipping of orders by all modes required (courier, LTL and TL); cycle counting functions; returns processing; production requests; POD functions; other initiatives
- Support the business by participating in such activities as the following: process development; project work; the development and continuation of collaborative relationships with and amongst other departments.
- Develop the business by contributing to such initiatives as the following: strategic initiatives with cost reductions, customer development; lead time reduction; internal process and cycle time improvements and other areas requiring improvement; collaborations with all other departments.
- Ensures that Gentec International Policies / Standards / Guidelines / Procedures are followed.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities are applicable.
The employee is expected to participate in, highlight and address safety concerns and provides visible evidence of interest, involvement and commitment to the Health and Safety Program. The employee should be familiar and ensure compliance with the Ontario Health and Safety Act with attention to Sections 25, 26, 27 and 28 and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- Must be certified or willing to be certified on material handling equipment appropriate to the role.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure all requirements are met.
- Understanding of WMS tools and/or other automated warehouse tools.
- Computer skills – working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety including Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations for Industrial Establishments and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- Organizational skills.
- Good communication skills including written, verbal (other employees, managers, drivers etc) and facilitation (employee cross training).
- Issue management skills (time management; interpersonal skills including conflict management; information gathering skills; problem solving/analytical decision-making skills; team building skills to build collaborative working relationships).
- Proven ability to work independently and within guidelines / established procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle high volume workload and work flexible shifts including overtime as required.
Qualified applicants should email email@example.com with their resume.