Gentec International is a recognized leader in the Consumer Electronics market place and was most recently named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We have been in business since 1990 sourcing and distributing numerous accessory brands in addition to developing strong aftermarket brands of our own. Our client list includes major CE Retailers, Mass Merchants and independent Retailers across Canada.
We offer competitive compensation, an on-site gym, comprehensive Health benefits, a RRSP package and a friendly and supportive “Gentec family” atmosphere where your contributions are recognised and awarded.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Service Technician – Imaging Products
Department: Warranty/Repair Service
Reports To: Service Manager
Direct Reports : N/A
Location : 90 Royal Crest Court, Markham, ON L3R 9X6
This position is responsible to ensure that the repair of “Digital Imaging” products distributed by Gentec International, either through warranty or chargeable service, are dealt with appropriately at all times, as required by company standards to meet our customer demands in conjunction with Gentec International’s overall objectives. The incumbent also facilitates the drive for change through effective cost savings/project management, ensuring proper procedures are followed at all times.
- Manage the flow and repair of the distributed products by regulating and maintaining such items as the following: receiving repairs from internal resources; assessing the repair requirements; providing estimates for the parts and/or labour required to complete the repair; completing the repair; staging the order for further processing; managing calls as required; dealing with customers and customer requests and complaints as required.
- Support the business by participating in such activities as the following: process development; project work; the development and continuation of collaborative relationships with and amongst other departments.
- Develop the business by contributing to such initiatives as the following: strategic initiatives with cost reductions, customer development; lead time reduction; internal process and cycle time improvements and other areas requiring improvement; collaborations with all other departments.
- Ensures that Gentec International Policies / Standards / Guidelines / Procedures are followed.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
No supervision of staff is required on a daily basis in this role. However, the role involves but is not limited to the following:
- Planning and scheduling; organizing assignments/workload accordingly.
- Conducting and/or facilitating meetings as required.
- Maintaining records, training and development as required.
- Complying with and upholding the relevant legislation and company policies.
- Providing input into budget as required and adhering to budget requirements.
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives in operational procedures, productivity standards, working conditions and the use of equipment in order to increase the efficiency of the department.
- Maintaining and enforcing health and safety; practicing due diligence. This includes the following:
- Reviews Health and Safety trends for their area and initiates improvements to reduce hazards and prevent reoccurrences.
- Responds to Joint Health and Safety Committee written recommendations within the guidelines of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complies and reviews reports from their Department on incidents/accidents and implements initiatives to reduce reoccurrences.
- Participates in daily workplace inspections to highlight and address safety concerns and provides visible evidence of interest, involvement and commitment to the Health and Safety Program. This includes walks through the workplace to ensure employees comply with safe working practices.
- Reports incidents including; accidents, injuries, complaints, near misses, misconduct, infractions, and other violations of company policies and procedures.
- Supports the facilitation of departmental training programs and helps to ensure their effective implementation. This includes, but is not limited to, forklift training, WHMIS, MSDS, Emergency Evacuation, etc.
- Be familiar and ensure compliance with the Ontario Health and Safety Act with attention to Sections 25, 26, 27 and 28 and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- University Degree/College Diploma or equivalent hands on experience with “Digital Imaging” products.
- Minimum 5 years’ Service/Customer Service or equivalent experience in a fast-paced distribution environment.
- Proven hands-on experience in repairing consumer products – specifically “digital imaging” products.
- Must be a strong strategic thinker that can transform ideas into reality.
- Understanding and usage of an ERP and/or other automated tools used in a Service environment.
- Computer skills – intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Internet Explorer.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety including Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations for Industrial Establishments and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- Organizational skills including planning and scheduling work, maintaining accurate records (productivity report, time and attendance, vacations, etc.).
- Communication skills including written (reports, memos, schedules, etc.); verbal (employees, managers) and facilitation (employee training).
- Project support skills including coordinating the requirements of a project plan; understanding and applying principles of project control; ability to manage projects within one or more systems.
- Issue management skills (time management; interpersonal skills including conflict management; information gathering skills; problem solving/analytical decision making skills; team building skills to build collaborative working relationships).
- Proven ability to work independently and within guidelines / established procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle high volume workload and work flexible shifts including overtime as required.
Qualified applicants should e-mail their resume to: email@example.com