Gentec International is pleased to announce the new Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM wide-angle zoom lens.
With its 10mm to 20mm focal length range, this lens offers a true wide angle solution for digital SLR cameras with an APS-C size sensor. The constant F3.5 aperture makes it ideal for low-light conditions indoors or at dusk.
The new lens incorporates two Extraordinary Low Dispersion (ELD) glass elements and a Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass element to ensure excellent correction of colour aberration. Four aspherical lenses provide correction for distortion and allow compact and lightweight construction. Sigma’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to ensure high contrast images.
The incorporation of a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures quiet, high-speed auto focus with full-time manual focusing capability. The lens design incorporates an inner focusing system which eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using a petal-type hood and polarizing filter. The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 24 cm throughout the entire zoom range and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:6.6.
The suggested retail price of the Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM lens is $899.95.
- Focal Length: 10-20mm
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Lens Construction: 13 Elements in 10 Groups
- Angle of View: 102.4°- 63.8°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 24 cm / 9.4”
- Maximum Magnification: 1:6.6
- Filter Size: 82 mm
- Lens Hood: Petal-Type Hood
- Dimensions Diameter: 87.3 mm / 3.4” x Length: 88.2 mm / 3.5”
- Weight: 520 g / 18.3 ounces
- Mounts: (AF) Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Sigma
- Appearance and specifications are subject to change for improvement without notice.